Sunday, July 14, 2024

Resonance On The Way To Warm Springs


Once upon a time I posted sermons here a lot. However, since I rarely preach anymore I haven't done that in a while.

Back in April I was asked to bring the message at the Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance meeting in Anchorage. I chose to give a talk titled "Resonance On The Way To Warm Springs."

That talk was based on the research I have been doing this year. I have a grant from The Calvin Institute For Christian Worship to develop a case study of how one congregation (Crosspoint/Reclaim - my faith community) reimagined its worship from an attractional model of church to a member led approach. As part of that research I have been reading some literature regarding the church in a secular age. In particular I have been reading a lot of Andrew Roots work and he has in turn led me to the work of Charles Taylor and Hartmut Rosa.

For my talk back in April I drew on the work of German Sociologist Hartmut Rosa and his resonance theory (1) and Luke 24:13-35.

If you are interested in a little glimpse of what I am working on here is the talk. It is rough audio record on my cell phone.

https://www.facebook.com/1631971968/videos/1011194870559762/ 


Thanks for listening.

Joel K


(1) = Rosa, Hartmut. The Uncontrollability of the World. Polity Press, 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment