Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Read This First

A couple of weeks back a friend asked me it I had a blog.  I responded that I do not, but that it is something I have been thinking about for a while.  I love to write.  I have written hundreds of newsletter articles over the years and have banged out a bunch of academic papers, penned a few songs, crafted some sermons and talks, but never a blog.  Sometimes I just don’t think I have anything more to say.  In other moments I know that there are thoughts that are not newsletter thoughts, and other things I would like to explore…

So, here it is, a blog.  This blog will likely contain newsletter articles, so if you are someone who has faithfully read Parachutes’ “Kiek:News” or “Life in the Chute” you will find those writings here.  However, this blog will be a bit different in a few ways.  While in my newsletter writing and academic papers I have been edited (my English, not my content) by wonderful people for a long time, I will be doing minimal editing of these blog posts.  While I have never been one to shy away too much from writing from a personal place I expect this blog will be much more raw than my public writing has been in the past.

Enjoy!

Joel K 

PS - also new: you can follow me on twitter: @joel_kiek 

No comments:

Post a Comment